Register Nurse (Fee for Service): We are looking Registered Nurse (RN) who will assess clients for services, determine clinical eligibility for programs and develop care plans. Our primary goal is to support individuals who receive services in the community, so they can continue living in their own home.
- RN licensed required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with the elderly and/or individuals with
- developmental disabilities.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation a MUST.
- Travel to Plymouth, Bristol, Norfolk, and some of Essex, Middlesex counties
- Acceptable results must be received for background checks including Credential Verification, Driver History, CORI, SORI and Fingerprinting
Preferred, not Required:
- Fluency in Cape Verdean Creole, Spanish, Haitian Creole, or other languages spoken by people in the communities we serve (where necessary)
- Completes and coordinates all applicable clinical assessments and clinical evaluations.
- Support, train, evaluate, and supervise the AFC Caregiver in conjunction with the Care Manager as needed on an on-going basis.
- Following acceptance to program and ensures that all required forms and standard procedures are followed for the placement process.
- Conduct on site home visits and complete RN progress note and other paperwork as required.
- Ensure all documentation and forms are complete, accurate, and timely.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to independently manage a caseload and provide all encompassing care management.
- Excellent documentation/writing skills.
- Ability to think and work creatively as part of a team and/or independently.
- Ability to manage challenging behaviors.
- Perform other tasks as needed or assigned
- Conducts orientation training, and on-going trainings to caregivers
- Review medication changes, new diagnosis with caregivers and members
- Plans and implements discharges and transition from the AFC Program
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems
- Follow all regulations and guidelines set by Medicare, state programs and ACO/MCO
Physical environment and demands:
While performing duties for this position, the employee travels by using their own personal vehicle and is exposed to changing weather conditions. The employee must have the ability to safely travel to and from the AFC home. In addition, the employee will be required to drive for meetings and/or visits to AFC provider homes or to facilities targeted for AFC program marketing. Since AFC provider homes are private residences, the employee may be exposed to pets, family members, smoking, cooking, or other fragrances. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.