Personal Care Aide: An individual who has completed personal care training and is competent to perform assigned functions of personal care to the client in their residence. As a Personal Care aide for our agency, you will provide essential services to elderly clients or individuals with disabilities, a chronic illness, or other health issues. Our ideal candidate is patient, independent, and self-sufficient, who enjoys taking care of others.
- Experience working with developmentally disable individuals
- Pass CORI and SORI
- Ability to respond appropriately and quickly to health, safety and emergency situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problem solving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to respond appropriately and quickly to health, safety and emergency situations
- Document client services as required by the Agency
- Complete and submit all required documentation daily
- Participate as appropriate in in-service and education programs of the Agency.
Key responsibilities: Provide a variety of services focused on enhancing the client’s quality of living.
- Performs and assists clients with activities of daily living including bathing, dressing, grooming, skin care, mouth care, foot care, and toileting.
- Performs non-skilled nursing tasks including: exercises that may include range of motion exercises, ambulation, regular skin care, care to pressure point areas, simple dressing changes, safe client transfers including transfers with mechanical devices or partners, using and maintaining special equipment and supplies appropriately, oral hygiene and hair care.
- Monitors and records vital signs including temperature, pulse, and respirations and monitors liquid intakes and outputs.
- Provides medication reminders.
- Plans, prepares, and serves meals according to dietary instructions.
- Accompanies client on errands or runs errands for the client, including shopping for food and household supplies.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment for client by performing household services.
- Engages in stimulating conversation and activities.
- Communicates and reports any changes or concerns regarding clients in a timely manner.
- Cooperates with all other caregivers to deliver excellent care to clients and participates in multi-disciplinary care delivery.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Education and Experience: High School Diploma. Preference will be given to candidates with certification from a recognized home health aide program or an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in health administration, medical assisting, nursing, psychology, or a related field
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position.
- Stands or walks 90% of the time and remains seated 10% of time (generally while driving to and from clients or filling out reports) while performing service work.
- Frequently lifts, pushes, pulls, or carries up to 50 lbs. when moving vacuum, cleaning yards, assisting with packing and unpacking, and performing other duties.
- Constantly climbs, kneels, and handles objects while performing various services. For example, climbing stairs, kneeling to clean bathtubs, using a variety of cleaning tools.
- Constantly stoops, crouches and reaches while performing services.
- Frequently involved in interpersonal auditory and oral interaction with senior citizens and their families.
- Utilizes full scope of visual capacity in order to operate cleaning equipment and vehicle.
- Constant use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling performance of duties and operation of equipment.
- Physical capacity to safely operate an automobile.
Occasionally: Activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.
Frequently: Activity exists between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
Constantly: Activity exists more than 2/3 of the time.
Job Type: Full-Time, Part-Time, or Per Diem
Required license or certification: Valid driver license and transportation
Rivers of Hope, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
I have read the above job description and fully understand the conditions set forth therein, and if employed as a Personal Care Aide, I will perform these duties to the best of my knowledge and ability.