Homemaker: The Homemaker is expected to carry out routine assignments independently
within the Agency’s program and procedures and within his/her scope of responsibility. As a Homemaker for our agency, you will provide essential services to elderly clients or individuals with disabilities, a chronic illness, or other health issues. Our ideal candidate is patient, independent, and self-sufficient, who enjoys taking care of others.
- Experience working with developmentally disable individuals
- Pass CORI and SORI
- Ability to respond appropriately and quickly to health, safety and emergency situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problem solving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to respond appropriately and quickly to health, safety and emergency situations
- Document client services as required by the Agency
- Complete and submit all required documentation daily
- Participate as appropriate in in-service and education programs of the Agency.
- Provide a variety of services focused on enhancing the client’s quality of living.
- Provide a clean, healthy and safe environment
- Promote a harmonious, pleasant and attractive environment
- Clean surfaces and floor of bathroom and kitchen
- Light dishwashing
- Light dusting
- Clean bedroom and living room; vacuum carpets and dust
- Change bed linens
- Clean inside of windows
- Previous experience working with the elderly or disabled
- Communication skills in areas with persons who are hard of hearing, have dementia, or other special needs
- Basic knowledge in understanding the aging and disease process, elderly abuse prevention including reporting requirements
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Education and Experience: High School Diploma
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position.
- Stands or walks 90% of the time and remains seated 10% of time (generally while driving to and from clients or filling out reports) while performing service work.
- Frequently lifts, pushes, pulls, or carries up to 50 lbs. when moving vacuum, cleaning yards, assisting with packing and unpacking, and performing other duties.
- Constantly climbs, kneels, and handles objects while performing various services. For example, climbing stairs, kneeling to clean bathtubs, using a variety of cleaning tools.
- Constantly stoops, crouches and reaches while performing services.
- Frequently involved in interpersonal auditory and oral interaction with senior citizens and their families.
- Utilizes full scope of visual capacity in order to operate cleaning equipment and vehicle.
- Constant use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling performance of duties and operation of equipment.
- Physical capacity to safely operate an automobile.
Occasionally: Activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.
Frequently: Activity exists between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
Constantly: Activity exists more than 2/3 of the time.
Job Type: Full-Time, Part-Time, or Per Diem
Required license or certification: Valid driver license and transportation
I have read and understand the job description for Homemaker and am signing this document to confirm my understanding of the requirements.
Rivers of Hope, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
I have read the above job description and fully understand the conditions set forth therein, and if employed as a Homemaker, I will perform these duties to the best of my knowledge and ability.